Seminars designed for professional tax preparers with at least one year of tax preparation experience will be offered in 14 locations around Kentucky.
The 2013 University of Kentucky Income Tax Seminar Program is designed to present updates for both federal and state tax preparation for tax professionals, enrolled agents, certified public accountants, certified financial planners and attorneys.
The UK Department of Agricultural Economics in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment and the UK Cooperative Extension Service, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service and the Kentucky Department of Revenue are presenting the seminars, which will cover individual and small business issues, including the latest changes to tax laws, including federal updates on new tax legislation, agricultural issues, rulings and cases, IRS issues and retirement. Kentucky updates will include individual income tax issues and corporate and business returns, among others. This year’s seminar includes two hours of ethics content.
Registrants will receive the 2013 National Income Tax Workbook, a production of the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation Inc. Chapters in this textbook are available only to sponsors and participants of tax schools. Seminar participants will also receive the searchable CD that covers the National Income Tax Workbooks from at least the previous five years; the U.S. Master Tax Guide; Kentucky Department of Revenue update and the IRS’s Farmer’s Tax Guide.
All seminars begin 8 a.m. and conclude at 5 p.m. Registration is now open; the early registration deadline is two weeks prior to the chosen seminar date. Seminars will be offered in:
· Bowling Green, University Plaza, Nov. 20-21
· Burlington, Boone County Extension office, Jan. 7-8, 2014
· Elizabethtown, Elizabethtown Tourism and Convention Bureau, Nov. 18-19
· Erlanger, Receptions Inc., Dec. 4-5
· Frankfort, Capital Plaza Hotel, Nov. 7-8
· Grayson, Grayson Conference Center, Nov. 21-22
· Hopkinsville, Christian County Extension office, Dec. 3-4
· Lexington/North, Marriott Griffin Gate, Nov. 14-15
· Lexington/Downtown, Lexington Center, Dec. 2-3
· Louisville/East, Ramada Plaza, Nov. 13-14
· Louisville/Airport, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dec. 17-18
· Maysville, Maysville Conference Center, Nov. 19-20
· Owensboro, RiverPark Center, Dec. 10-11
· Paducah, Julian Carroll Convention Center, Dec. 5-6
· Paintsville, Ramada Conference Center, Nov. 5-6
· Somerset, Center for Rural Development, Nov. 12-13
The Kentucky State Board of Accountancy, Kentucky Department of Insurance, Certified Financial Planners Board of Standards and National Association of State Boards of Accountancy have approved the seminar for 16 hours of continuing education units. The IRS has approved it for 15 hours of continuing education credit (including ethics) for Enrolled Agents. Attorneys must apply directly to the Kentucky Bar Association for CLE credit.
Register by mail or by fax. For a registration form or more information, go to http://www.uky.edu/uktax/. Payment must accompany registration. Early registration tuition is $289. Registration within two weeks of the seminar date is $319.
Kathy Roe, 859-252-3769